Last updated: June 9, 2017
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Catalyst may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create a Catalyst ID, purchase software, download a software update, or contact us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Catalyst’s latest product announcements and software updates.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Catalyst ID account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Catalyst, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Catalyst’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a Catalyst product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Information collected automatically
We collect some information automatically when you access and navigate our site. This information includes Device Identifiers (a number or code that is associated with the computer or other device used to access the site, such as an IP address) and Usage Information (information regarding how you access and use the site, such as your browser type, operating system, application versions, the pages you visited, and the time you spent on each page). We use this information to maintain and improve the functionality of the site to provide you with a better experience.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Catalyst may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Catalyst to provide products and services, or that help Catalyst market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Catalyst to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Catalyst shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, processing payments, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Catalyst operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Catalyst to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, unauthorized use, disclosure, or destruction, and when transferring personal information for processing.
Additionally, your user account is protected by the password that you use to access the account. We urge you to use strong passwords and take steps to keep your passwords safe.
Changing Your Information or Contact Preferences
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use our site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
We reserve the right to transfer your information, including personal information, in connection with an actual or potential sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business assets, including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings.
You can visit and browse the site without providing any personal information, and you may choose not to provide us with any of the personal information that we request. Choosing not to provide us with the personal information we request may limit your ability to use this site. For example, you cannot create an account with the site without first providing us with the information we require, such as your name and contact information (email address, phone number, etc.).
We may send you emails to communicate important information, notify you of new site features, let you know about special promotions or offerings, and to otherwise stay in touch with you. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by selecting “opt-out” on one of the email communications.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information that we collect automatically. Most web browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notice each time a cookie is sent to you. Choosing to reject cookies can prevent the site from collecting some of the information. However, please know that if your browser is set to reject cookies, the site may not recognize you when you return, and some website functionality may be lost.
At this time the site does not respond to “do not track” signals.
Links to External Websites
To contact us, please email [email protected]